If you’re interested and passionate about what Bags of Taste does, why not come and join us and together we can reach more people across the UK.
This paid work could be in your local area if there is a need for our work, or could be done remotely in another location we work in.
The roles are varied and could include the following:
- Interviewing potential course participants
- Buying, assembling and delivery of food bags to participants
- Recruiting, training and supervising volunteers (cook mentors/bag couriers)
- Supporting cooking mentors through continuous training and development
- Developing relationships with referrers like local charities and organisations and attending meetings
For these roles, we’re looking for:
- Someone with an interest in food poverty, health and supporting local people to improve their diets.
- Relationship building skills, particularly with referrers and other organisations
- Experience in project management
- Ability to work independently and manage your own time
- Good, practical, organisational skills
- Ability to think on your feet and be adaptable
- Good IT skills, particularly with WhatsApp, and basic social media skills
- Volunteer experience – either as a volunteer or managing volunteers
If you’re interested to find out more and want to help people across the country improve their diets, contact us at [email protected]
Watch the feedback from participants in our Newham project in this video of participants one year after doing the course and see what a difference was made: