Here are the BoT guidelines that must be followed when allocating 1:1 mentors or phone mentors. Please do not diverge from these guidelines unless you have express approval from HQ.
1:1 and Phone Mentors safety information and guidance is available here, please ensure your mentors have this link
- Mentors should be fully DBS checked.
- Neither mentor nor student should share details of their address or other personal information
- Any safeguarding issues are reported immediately to Head Office.
- The mentor and/or the student have the right to finish any call if they feel uncomfortable or unsafe, and they can report this to the Area Head immediately.
- Mentors have the option to accept or reject this form of mentoring.
- In instances where the mentor is not DBS checked, and a zoom call has been requested, the Area Head will be on the call with camera off and microphone muted. The Area Head can then enter the call if needed.
- Ensure that only the relevant student can access the lesson.
- Think about what is in your background – is this something you would be happy for the other person to see?
- Set the rules for the call with the student prior to the Zoom call in the same way that the WhatsApp chats are set out prior to beginning:
- Only the cooking is discussed
- Keep the dialogue professional and kind
- Keep the chat Covid Free.
- The mentor or staff member should be the “host” for the call so we are always in control, not the student