Volunteering with Bags of Taste
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with others” – African proverb
Here at Bags of Taste, volunteers are key to everything we do. Together, we have changed the lives of over 4,000 participants. Join us in our mission to eradicate food poverty!
At the moment our regular classes are suspended and we are only operating Mentored Home Cooking Courses.
We anticipate this will last until 2021, based on advice from Public Health in the areas that we operate.
However, the Mentored Home Cooking Courses are very popular and we still need volunteers to help! With unemployment and use of food banks soaring, your help is more needed than ever.
Our Mentored Courses provide a combination of
- emergency food aid, as we give the ingredients free for 7 meals
- teaching our participants how to save money on their food bills
- learn food skills and resilience
- improve their mental health by eating well and developing an interest
- emotional support via personal mentors and connection with others