Capturing Volunteers’ Experiences
You, the volunteers, work the most closely with the students and thus are the people best placed to tell their stories. If you have a particular story to tell, perhaps about a student who has done really well on the course and made a load of progress, or just about what you’re getting out of it, please tell us as much as you can – this will help us get funding in future and become a part of the Bags of Taste story!
Please give us as much detail as possible (including last names if you know them). If we share this, we will use first names only, or anonymise if appropriate, but sometimes two different volunteers might be working with the same person on different days and we can link the stories together.
These questions might be helpful as a guide; but please write anything you feel like, as long or as short as you want.
- Some background on your group/the individual (e.g. how did they come to be on the course)
- What sort of challenges do you think they/the individual faced?
- How did they overcome those challenges?
- What changed? (e.g. did they cook more at home or anything about changes in diet)
- Any other things that are relevant (e.g. made friends within the group, wants to volunteer)
- Your thoughts/feelings: what are you getting out of volunteering with us, any other comments
Click here for an example of a little case study that might help