- We consistently get great outcomes and build confidence by providing help, motivation and practical support so the students can continue to buy and cook healthy and affordable food for life. Our courses also hugely benefit student finances as well as improving their mental and physical well-being.
- The main skills you’ll need are empathy and a calm consistent manner. It’s great if you enjoy cooking but not essential but you’ll need to be a people person and a great communicator. One of the barriers for people is confidence so building a supportive relationship is key. Your role is to be a guide and help, cajole, encourage and inspire
- Read about What we do for more information on the courses.
- We’ll provide all the training and support you need to successfully mentor students through the course and every volunteer is allocated with a course co-ordinator. Our course co-ordinators are always in the group with you so you can always ask for help if you need it
- Our mentoring has been endorsed by the Association for Nutrition for the continual professional development of nutrition professionals
Come onboard with Bags of Taste and together, we can support people have better health and finances for life